Out(break) Time, Blogging Time

It's blogging time! (src: freepik.com)

Hello, everyone!

Isn’t it great that I am still able to write this post and you still have the chance to read another blog post during this outbreak? Kidding.

I don’t know how you are feeling, but I guess most of us are going through various emotional states as COVID-19 continues its global impact. It’s horrible, right? We’ve been isolated for a while with colleges closed and mandated work-from-home arrangements. Some of us might have been questioning this situation: What if this never ends? What if life never gets back to normal? Well, this ‘panicky’ situation indeed need to be panicked but I think, we’ve got to turn this panic in low level to start doing something, such as starting to do the abandoned thing in your new year resolution list. I’m not writing this to tell you what to do, but share the things I’ve found helpful to do during this quarantine.

In my quarantine time, I spend almost the whole time in front of my laptop. Watching movies is the first thing popped up in my head whenever I start the day. Well, of course, it starts changing when the online assignments began to appear with its long list of to-do things. However, I found to realize that this wouldn’t make a good mental-health for myself. So, I was thinking to make a list of all my final assignments and, perhaps, start to do it step by step in order to feel less-burdened in the end. Through that process, I found the blogging would be an enjoyable activity for me during this work-from-home.

I was a blogger, or you might call the former one. I started making a blog when I was in the first grade of high school but it’s been inactive for the last three years. So, I was thinking that it would be good to re-activate my blog. During the free-hour of my online assignments, I try to make a plan of what should I do to make my blog in a better version. Recalling the material given in Blog Writing class, I start with this list.

1.
Choose a blog topic (be consistent with this)
5.
Make my editorial calendar and publication schedule
2.
Define the target audience
6.
Decide the editing tools (text and image) that I will use in writing my blog content.
3.
Design the interface (creative elements) to create a good user-interface and user-experience design.
7.
Create the “About Me” content
4.
Learn and use Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
8.
Start writing the first post
 

It might seem a little bit hasty to suddenly end the list with creating the first post, but I consider that list as my first draft. I know it would take quite a time just to design and create an engagement interface. For now, I am still in the first step and make a list of any possible topics around my interest.

Through this quarantine, I am able to learn more and apply what I’ve got through the Blog Writing class directly to my blog. Thus, I realize what my faults were in writing a blog that I did not make any plan and have any specific topic. However, it was a good experience, though.

Well, that’s a piece of cake that I want to share with you. During this outbreak time, it’s good to have a break. So, just make sure that you don’t make yourself being overworked but if you find some time to be productive, that’s awesome. It’s tough to be in control when everything else is out of your control. Let’s stay positive – stay COVID-negative!





Andita Eka Wahyuni
–The Alpaca’ Aficionado

 


 

0 Comments